Sunday, December 30, 2012

#12

Gabriella finished her 12th Chemotherapy treatment this week.  She went in on the 27th.  It is getting a little like groundhog day.  She knows what is going to happen and how bad she is going to feel when it is over.  It happens the same every time. Yet she never complains, never gripes, never questions what is going on.  I'm not sure how she does it or what she thinks, but she continues to soldier on.  I have asked her many times what she thinks but she just blows me off like I'm sure she will do in the years to come, for other reasons.
Christmas went off without a hitch.  Lot's of family and fun.  The piss poor weather gave us good reason to stay indoors and prepare for the next treatment.  My parents were in town for the holidays and were a great deal of help, especially during G's chemo.  One of the blessings of this whole thing is the amount of family time we've had.  I was talking to my Dad about what the new year will bring.  We were talking about how next year will be better.  It kind of struck me when it was said, because I have really not thought of this year as a bad year, a difficult one, but not bad.  We have seen some amazing things from our community that we might not have known without G's illness.  Friends, family and strangers have been there for us when we needed them.  G has been on the front page of two different newspapers multiple times and on the news once.  We have gotten letters and checks and gifts from people just to tell us they care.  Our community has raised thousands of dollars for some very deserving charities.  And most of all, we changed, I have changed, I am different than I was before.  That can't be a bad thing.

Team G

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment