Thursday, December 6, 2012

Good Times

So G and I are hanging around chatting a couple of months ago and she tells me that she wants to move.  What?  Why do you want to move I asked her.  She says that she wants to live in the snow.  I told her it wasn't going to happen.  She said ok but she would like it to snow on her birthday.  I told her I would see what we could do.  I told Kris about our conversation and she put a post on her Facebook page asking if anyone knew of where or how we could make it snow in Scotts Valley.  Well, fast forward a month or so and some local business folks heard about the request and have figured out how to make it happen.  So December 14th we will have Gabriella's Snow Day in Sky Park in Scotts Valley.  Pretty incredible community.



After our hard push home from Disneyland last week, we were all pretty tired of being in the car.  The doctors from Packard gave us the choice of coming into the hospital on the way home or the next day.  Gabriella was looking good and her fever was trending down so we opted to get her home and let her sleep in her own bed.  She slept amazingly well and woke up feeling really good the next day.  When I came in and told her that she needed to go to the doctor that morning, she turned and looked at me and said "If you think I'm getting back in that car, you are crazy!"  Kris and I fell over laughing.  Unfortunately she still had to go.

So tomorrow is chemo #11.  If she continues the trend that we have been seeing, this is going to be a tough one.  The cumulative effects have been getting progressively worse.  I am going with her this time and am really not looking forward to seeing her in such discomfort but we will keep our eye on the prize and remember how close we are getting to the end.  We will get through this.  I was reading a post by the father of Jessie Rees, a young girl who lost her battle with brain tumors last year.  Her motto was and is Never Give Up.  I promise, we won't.

Team G

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment