Friday, April 13, 2012

INSPIRATION


I have been meaning to post this for a while now but time eludes me these days.  One of our babysitters and a friend of ours, Whitney, will be turning 21 next week.  Instead of having friends give her presents for her birthday, she asked us if she could have them donate to Gabriella instead.  The pure gesture of a young lady giving up her birthday gifts to help my little girl is truly inspiring!  I think Adam and I were both in awe.  I'm not even sure if I would have thought about this when turning 21!  I can't say enough about Whit and others who are helping us on this journey with gestures like this.  It's truly inspiring us to have strength and be positive.  
The party will be April 21st at 6pm at CrossFit Diablo in Pleasant Hill.  Yes, the support from our CrossFit family has been astonishing.   



Gabriella has been attending an incredible school called Circle of Friends in Scotts Valley.  Since her diagnosis, she hasn't been able to attend much due to hospital visits, her immunity, etc.  Stacey, the owner was the one who brought her adorable friends dressed in pink and tiaras to the Aquarium.  
As you walk into the school, there is an area right in front dedicated to Gabbi.  Gifts, donations, notes, etc...from her friends and the parents at COF.  We are so appreciative.  I hope that she will be friends with these girls forever.  I can't wait for her to go back and visit her friends and teachers at school!  I just love her being there! 


This was the basket for Gabriella and Bridget from the hair fairy and Team G.  They were both so excited about all the little gifts!  (The wine is for me ;-)).  Ok, maybe I'll share it with Adam...lol!




There are many moments where I feel down, frustrated, overwhelmed.  Gabriella never asked for this illness.  Why does she have to go through this.  Why did we get chosen?  Maybe I'll be able to answer that question one of these days.  For now, I have been inspired by both my girls, Gabriella and Bridget. I've been inspired by the strength of my husband, Adam and his ability to be so positive.  I'm also inspired by our family, friends and "adopted" family.  All I have to do is look at emails I've saved, go to my Facebook page or just look around my community.  You are all there encouraging us.  It brings tears to my eyes. 



1 comment: