Monday, April 30, 2012

The picture


One of Kris' new friends, Michelle Riddle took some pictures of G yesterday and this one really struck a note with me.  Her expression is one of peace and focus.  The softness of the light adds to her innocence in the frame yet the scars on her chest and arms tell a story of what she has been through and what remains to be done.
Kris and I were discussing some of the changes we have seen in G since this started.  I asked her if she thought that G has gotten sweeter since this began and we agreed that she has.  I'm not sure what the reasons are but I am watching her being more gentle with her sister, more polite to us(unless we are giving her a shot) and generally a sweeter kid.  I am turning a corner on this thing crushing me every time I think of what my innocent little angel is going through and starting to accept her as a fighter and a survivor instead of a victim of this terrible disease.  

Team G

Adam

8 comments:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful!!

    GO TEAM G!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a beautiful little girl... inside and out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of your brave fighter! I am inspired daily by your family's love, courage and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Adam,your description of this photo was very similar to thoughts I had when I saw it on my computer. She is such a beauty and I was honored to be able to take some photos of her as well as the other ladies in your life!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning photo. We'd like to share this post with Santa Cruz Community Media Lab. Go G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this solo photo of G, along with the pic with her little sis as they sat together on the 'bake sale' stand...absolutely adorable, and very neat to see glimpses of their personalities in these telling 'still' photos. In our thoughts...the Moses Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning picture of beautiful, brave, Gabriella... and a beautiful lesson mom and dad are learning of her strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete