Sunday, April 29, 2012

Over The Weekend

We had to take it easy this weekend but still had a lot of fun.

Friday was mommy's day.  Adam went to work so I had the girls for the day.  We decided we'd run a few errands (one of my favorite things to do) and headed out.   We had to plan our errands carefully because of G's low immunity so I decided we should go to the bank (drive through), gas at the station then a carwash (drive through) and last but certainly not least, the dollar store!  I had to be on super high alert for anyone with signs of a cold and everything that G touched.  Needless to say, I had my Purell bottle in hand.

Bridget's birthday is coming up and we needed a few party items.  While we were there, we wandered into the hair accessory isle and found some cute headbands.  Last week, there was a little girl in the hospital who lost all of her hair but had a headband on with a beautiful flower in it.  She looked adorable, hence my idea!  I thought it would be really fun to accessorize G's beautiful little head and attach some flowers to the headbands.  After putting Bridgy down for a nap, we warmed up the old glue gun and started crafting.  


This is what we came up with!!  G being the sweetheart she is, gave some of the girls in the neighborhood already.  I think we will bag them up and bring them to some of the little girls at the hospital!  


Saturday, was also a fun day.  Adam came back home and with the help of Bill, got to work on his motorcycle.  Its something he loves to do and I was glad he got to do it.  I worked on some cupcake toppers for Bridget's birthday as well as finished my new cupcake stand.  After some down time, a little 80's dance party with Auntie Brit and a few movies (specifically Barbie's Mermaid Tale) we walked to Auntie Mel and Uncle Ronnie's for a swim!  G got to see her friends, Makayla and Bryce who live down the street enjoying the sun on their patio.  Man, I just love our neighborhood!  We couldn't have picked a better place to live with better neighbors and are truly blessed!  





Sunday has been a relaxing day baking and watching movies with a little outdoor play.  We wanted to save up some energy for a photo shoot in the early evening for Cookies for Kids Cancer and the Mama's Night Out Event.   I'm so excited to be a part of this wonderful cause and help out these lovely ladies who have worked so hard to put this event together.  It is such a positive thing that has come about at such a difficult time...the silver lining in the dark cloud.  I always try to look for those.  
G and I baked some cupcakes to bring with us for the "bake sale".  They tasted great but started to melt as the weather was pretty warm.  Round one...taste not presentation...LOL!  
G had a fun time running around in the grass field and eventually playing with the other kids.  She was a great "model" and showed her beautiful smile.  Bridget just had fun following her big sister around!!  It is adorable to see them together exploring their world.  






  

New TEAM G bracelets are in!!!  Thanks Steph!!!  Please let me know if you would like some!  I'll bring them down to Circle of Friends Preschool!  



1 comment:

  1. I had the most wonderful afternoon w you Kris. 80's dance party, shake your booty was the highlight of my weekend! I love you and your girlies so much!

    ReplyDelete