Monday, March 19, 2012

I had a feeling we might be staying the night here. I can't even begin to describe how we are feeling so I'm just going to give the facts. They removed a 2 x 2 cm of the tumor in order to have a large enough sample for pathology. She has a foley and an IV still. They found different tissues (soft and hard I think she said) and a couple of cysts mostly in the anterior pelvic region. They were able to flush these "cysts" and will send them to pathology as well as the tumor. G's uterus and ovaries ARE NOT AFFECTED and look fine. Her chest CT looks great. BUT this mass that they thought was her right ovary they are thinking that it possibly spread to her lymphs. We won't know the next step until we get the results from pathology. Gabriella had a tough time waking up from anasthesia; screaming, fighting and kicking. That's my girl. She was focusing on the IV and was complaining that it hurt...tht she wanted to take it out. They had to sedate her and now she's resting comfortably. We will be moving to her room in the oncology area for the night. I cannot begin to talk about my feelings as a mom. This comes from the nurse in me. We keep hoping we will wake up soon. Thank you all again. Kristin

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Gabriella is waking up and showing you some spunk! As for you guys... Thank god for the inner strength that is taking over right now! Both Bryan and I will be hoping and praying for good news from the pathology department. Again... BIG HUGS to you, Adam, Gabriella, and little sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole family is thinking about you and yours Kristin. Wishing the best for you, Adam, Gabriella and Bridget as you wait for news. We're reading along with you and sending you all of our positive thoughts. So much love to you, Kris Coleman-Haas and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been in our thoughts and prayers all day today! Keep up that amazing strength! It will carry you through! Love, Sasha & Fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a fighter! My thoughts are with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As one of your CrossFit family members, from my heart to yours, I am sending you love, hugs, strength and prayers! <3

    ---Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong and know that you are in great hands. I didn't spend much time there, but I floated to Packard Oncology a couple of times and was amazed by the care and love provided there.

    ReplyDelete