Saturday, March 31, 2012

OH LOVELY LOCKS!!

I DID IT!!!

Today the first line of duty was to trim those locks for my girl.  I have to admit, I was a little hesitant but  this is just something I could do for my G.  I just happen to have been growing my hair out for no particular reason.  Now I can give something to my little girl, whether she wears it or not, it doesn't matter to me.  Its probably not enough for a whole wig but they can add to it and it will still be special.  
  I wasn't sure if I was going to cry when Rezo (at Luscious and Duke) cut it and when I was telling G's story.  It just felt good.  And I had enough left to style!  He gave me some highlights and it felt great.    It was really freeing and will be easier to maintain.  Gabriella said that she really liked my hair and I just needed a purple dress to look like Rapunzel (at the end of her movie of course).  I think I'll go buy a purple dress tomorrow ;-)  
  Time to accessorize and send that hair off for a wig!



We had some great friends come to visit us tonight.  The boys (Jack and Dash) had a great time playing with Gabriella's Leapfrog.  We played outside when the rain stopped and G really enjoyed it.  She hasn't been eating much but has been getting better at taking her antibiotics.  I had to slip some anti-nausea meds with her abx and it seemed to help.  She had pirate booty, orange juice and a couple chicken meatballs.  Success.  
Its amazing how much life has changed just with what she is eating.  We always tried to keep the girls eating healthy and now we just want her to eat anything!  Cookies, cake, ice cream...none of it has been that appealing for her these days but I'm sure it will come in waves.  




Again, we are extremely grateful for the gifts, cards, dinners, etc that everyone is sending our way.  Adam and I are just blown away by the support and the words of encouragement that you've all given us.  It makes this journey a little more tolerable.  
My mom always told me, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".  Well, these lemons are VERY tart but mom, I will make lemonade!

Kristin

3 comments:

  1. Your lemonade is soon to be sweet!!!!! I love your new hair do!!! You are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new hairdo brings out your beautiful blue eyes which are the window to your equally beautiful heart. Have fun shopping for a pretty new purple dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabriella is so LUCKY to have such an AMAZING and UNSELFISH mom! Seriously, YOU look so beautiful and I couldn't be prouder of you!
    COURAGE.... you are displaying that AGAIN today!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete